Last few days in Delhi 

25th – 26th March 2016

Right so I’m getting really behind on my blogs as the wifi here in India is so hit and miss! I will tell you about my last few days in Delhi and then I will write another post about my day in Agra. I am currently in Jaipur until Wednesday morning so once I leave I will tell you all about my 2 days here!

Friday morning I was up early ready to go and explore Delhi. Me and a girl I met the night before decided we were going to head towards old Delhi and see some of the sights like the Red Fort – didn’t quite go to plan; 5 minutes after leaving the hostel we got chatting to a local who told us that Friday’s are holy days so the area we were heading towards would be absolutely packed and it would be best to head there around 3ish… Great what do we do for 6 hours!

We decided to head to the Rajiv Chowk metro in Connaught place and take the yellow line down to JLN stadium where we got my first tuk tuk / rickshaw to Humayuns tomb. The site was massive and had such beautiful buildings but we didn’t stay long at it was nearly 40 degrees and I wasn’t feeling very well!

We then got the metro down to Qutub Minar to see the Qutub complex. We decided to get another tuk tuk from the metro as it was quite a long walk – the traffic was crazy leading up to the complex, everyone was beeping, shouting and cutting each other up it was chaotic. Sarah told me that a taxi driver told her that you need three things in order to drive in India ‘A good horn, good brakes and good luck’ which is sooo true! The Qutub complex was really cool and the buildings were so beautiful but again it was so hot and by this point I really wasn’t feeling great so we decided to head back to the hostel. I ended up going to bed around 4ish and not getting up again until the next day!

I woke up Saturday feeling a bit better. Packed up all my stuff and headed downstairs to check out. I ended up staying at the hostel until around 2 and using the wifi (thanks zostel) For the first time since landing in India I actually felt a bit hungry so decided to get food. I found a little cafe where I had a vegetarian pizza and strawberry and banana smoothie (not Indian food I know but at least it wasn’t McDonald’s mum!!) It cost me around 600 rupees which is more than I have been paying but I really couldn’t face any Indian food that day!

I got a taxi over to my new hotel the C-Park Inn. Wow the journey was chaotic! Soo much traffic! When I checked into the hotel I instantly knew I preferred Zostel but it didn’t matter as we were only staying one night. I decided to do some washing whilst I had a bit of free time and only once I had hung it all up to dry did I notice the sign that said we were not allowed to do any washing in the room… Whoops too late! I met my roommate Clare who is really lovely and we went upstairs to meet the rest of the group and our tour guide.

 We all went out for dinner as a group to a little restaurant our guide recommended. I chose Masala Dosa which is basically a bit triangle wafer with a potato dish inside. We then headed back to the hotel as we were leaving the next morning at 5 to catch the train to Agra!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s